Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Hanover Habitat for Humanity! We are delighted that you have taken this step to learn more about how you can support us as we partner with people from all walks of life to provide families in need of simple, decent, affordable housing. This volunteer-driven organization relied on volunteers like you to help families realize their dream of homeownership.
Due to COVID-19, all volunteer opportunities are operating differently for the time being.
- ReStore - We can accept 1 volunteer per shift in the store. Shifts are either 9-1 or 12-4. Volunteers must wear a mask at all times. If you are interested, please contact Amanda Gunter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 804 304 0516.
- Construction - We can schedule individuals and small (less than 10 people) groups. Please email Amanda Gunter at email@example.com or call/text 804 304 0516.
- Recycling - Our recycling crew is working every Tuesday. Individuals volunteering must wear a face mask and bring their own tools. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Amanda Gunter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 804 304 0516.
- Seeking volunteers Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- All skill levels welcome; no experience necessary!
- A perfect opportunity for a group of friends, coworkers or organization!
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- Groups of 8. Individuals welcome!
- See the calendar below to see what days are available for groups.
- Seeking volunteers one day per week (typically Tuesdays, but we are flexible). Work can be done between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Duties include loading, unloading and sorting cans, scrapping old appliances, and participating in can pickup runs.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
Housewarming Gift Baskets:
- Volunteers are asked to create housewarming gift baskets. They are intended to be given to our homeowners when they move into their new homes and help start their new chapter. These gift baskets are another way to give them a hand up in their new homes. Individuals or small groups are welcome to contribute.
- Seeking volunteers for 4 hours shifts, 9-1 p.m. or 1-5 p.m. Store hours are Monday through Saturday, 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Duties include unloading and sorting donations, merchandising, customer service and donation pickup.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Seeking Volunteers for one 2-4 hour shifts, one day per week.
- Duties include assisting with data entry, mailings and other clerical tasks as needed.
- Scheduling is flexible during office hours! Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Habitat advocates to change policies so that we can eliminate barriers to adequate, affordable housing. Building is only part of the solution, but the less visible aspects of housing like laws, regulations, and rules about land are critical components, too. Sustainable and inclusive systems can promote access to decent housing, while others can create barriers. Those barriers make it harder to find land for construction, build a home or be able to afford a place to live. How can you help? Know your legislators and get in contact with our representatives via phone call, an in person visit, mail, or email.
To register as a volunteer, please call 804-569-6108 or email us at email@example.com. There is an online form below the construction calendar you can also submit. If you do not hear back from us within a reasonable time frame, please email us directly!
Please review our calendar for upcoming construction volunteer opportunities. Dates marked as “Reserved,” have been previously scheduled for volunteer groups and individuals.
Volunteering as a Requirement:
If you need to complete court ordered, pre-court, or school (credit or non-credit) community service hours, you must be 18 years or older to work in the ReStore and 16 to work on Construction. If you are needing to complete these type of hours, please click here and learn if you qualify. Contact Amanda Gunter, Director of Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below to get started.
Download our Volunteer Manual that covers all of our policies and procedures for each of our volunteer opportunities. You can take a look at our waivers, forms, and more in this comprehensive document. If you have questions, feel free to contact the Director of Community Engagement, Amanda Gunter. Volunteer Manual - FY 20-21