At Habitat for Humanity, we know that families in Hanover and around the world have the potential to stand on their own. All they sometimes really need is a helping hand, a way to help themselves so that they can build that better life.
To carry out our vision, we partner with individuals and families from application through construction to when the keys are handed over.
By working with us from beginning to end, we can help prospective individuals prepare for the various responsibilities of homeownership, including learning about personal finances, mortgages, maintenance and upkeep of homes, and much more.
Habitat’s path to homeownership is an important and in-depth process, requiring hard work, time and dedication. But this helps to ensure the long-term success of Habitat homeowners.
Habitat homeowners must be active participants in building a better home and future for themselves and their families. Every Habitat home is an investment.
In order to qualify for Hanover Habitat for Humanity's homewnership program, an individual or family must meet the following homebuyer requirements. Most mortgages are financed through an outside party.
- Live or work in Hanover County for a minimum of one year.
- Income of $30,370 per year and up, depending on family size (ex: Family of 4, up to $58,240 per year) or lower if you own land. Contact us for specific income ranges.
- Demonstrated financial responsibility through credit references. No outstanding collections or judgments.
- A willingness to partner with Hanover Habitat, by committing to a minimum of 200 hours of sweat equity.
- A need for affordable housing. You live in housing that is overcrowded, unaffordable OR substandard.
If you meet the Homebuyer Requirements listed above, your next step is to complete an application. Please mail the form to Hanover Habitat, 9161 Atlee Road, Suite B, Mechanicsville, VA 23116.
– OR –
Call us at 804-569-6108, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Floor Plans
2 Full Bathrooms
Front and Rear Decks
Outdoor Storage Shed
Carpeting & Tile Flooring