Hanover Habitat for Humanity seeks a results-driven professional to lead, manage, and grow our organization to new levels of service to our community. The Executive Director works jointly with our staff and Board of Directors in collaborative fashion to create and achieve our strategic vision. The Executive Director will be responsive to the needs of the community to expand access to affordable housing in Hanover County, Virginia.
The Executive Director represents Habitat within the local community, promoting the mission of the organization, fundraising, and overseeing the performance of Habitat for Humanity in accordance with regulatory/compliance policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is an experienced non-profit executive with proven leadership ability and staff management experience, and a record of success with marketing, fundraising, community engagement, and collaboration. The successful Executive Director is comfortable with public speaking and presentation, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven relationship-building skills and will enthusiastically convey a passion for our organizational goals and philosophy. Experience in successful collaboration with governing boards and providing leadership to staff and volunteers is critical.
- Five or more years executive management experience in the non-profit sector
- Operational, financial and administrative managerial experience
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and processes, including grant proposal writing, donor solicitation, database management and event planning.
- Excellent organizational, public speaking, communications, listening, problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to effectively communicate and build support for Hanover Habitat’s mission and vision among a wide range of stakeholders with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and knowledge of affordable housing issues and policy
- Leadership, mentorship, and the ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Proven ability to work with volunteers and further develop community support to bolster the organization’s overall success
- Experience creating, presenting and overseeing a multi-year strategic plan and annual budgets
- Ability to implement Fair Housing Regulations
- Experience/knowledge in retail store management preferred
- Experience/knowledge of construction project management preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the ability to credibly lead and guide others in their support of the organization
- Strategic development and oversight of the ReStore, Construction Projects and Community Revitalization projects.
- Oversight of daily operations which include managing budgets and preparing financial reports.
- Management of marketing and communication activities to engage the community, build brand awareness, and inspire increased giving
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and leadership at other similarly situated non-profit organizations. Hanover Habitat offers an excellent benefits package including 401K Match, Health, Dental, Simple IRA, Sick Leave and Vacation.
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter by close of business on September 11th, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hanover Habitat is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, or disability. We are committed to maintaining a diverse staff and we encourage applications from people of color and female candidates.