Hanover Habitat for Humanity is currently hiring.
If you would like to apply for a position in the ReStore, please come directly into our store, at 9159 Atlee Road Mechanicsville, VA 23116 to get an application or fill out the fillable pdf. We are open Monday through Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM.
If you would like to apply for a position in the Hanover Habitat for Humanity administration offices, please contact the office at 804-569-6108 or email us at email@example.com. We are open Monday through Friday, 9 AM-5 PM
Hanover Habitat ReStore Sales Associate/Driver
The ReStore Sales associate works to ensure that customers and donors have a positive experience at the ReStore, assist with ReStore volunteers and reach out to new customers and donors. This includes providing friendly customer service, assisting in loading purchases and unloading and processing donations, operating the cash register, cleaning/organizing/arranging displays, pricing items, communicating effectively with volunteers and assisting with community outreach activities.
Specific duties include:
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers by providing high-quality customer service
- Answer customer questions regarding the ReStore in general and specific items
- Orient, train and guide volunteers
- Guard against theft and unsafe practices (clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.)
- Maintain orderly and clean work area
- Operate cash register to ring up customers and reconcile cash drawer
- Develop merchandise displays
- Straighten and clean displays, restocking out of place items.
- Clean store and merchandise
- Move materials from warehouse to store floor
- Work to evaluate condition/acceptability of incoming donations
- Price materials to be sold
- Process donations and display items in a way that maximizes sales
- Ensure that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized
- Work to continually improve overall appearance of our facility and maximize our efficiency
- When requested, assist the driver when picking up material from donor.
- When requested, drive the truck and pick up material from donors.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Great track record of providing excellent customer service
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- 2 years of experience working in a retail store
Please fill out an application here online (above) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or come into the store and fill one out in person.