Hanover Habitat for Humanity is currently hiring.
If you would like to apply for a position in the ReStore, please come directly into our store, at 9159 Atlee Road Mechanicsville, VA 23116 to get an application or fill out the fillable pdf. We are open Monday through Saturday, 9 AM-5 PM.
If you would like to apply for a position in the Hanover Habitat for Humanity administration offices, please contact the office at 804-569-6108 or email us at email@example.com. We are open Monday through Friday, 9 AM-5 PM
Hanover Habitat ReStore Driver/Mover
Position: Hanover Habitat Truck Driver/Mover
Description: This position is responsible for the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the ReStore truck and trailer, returning to ReStore and unpacking merchandise.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly at 35-40 hours per week
- Drive company vehicle for the purpose of residential and business donation pickups
- Unload donations from company truck after donor pickups
- Screen for product usability, donation compliance and acceptance standards.
- Load and unload materials from customer donations and purchases from/to private vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
- Distribution of donation receipts, information and/or marketing materials
- Position and reposition saleable materials on the sales floor, maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly sales floor.
- Use hand jacks and hand trucks to move heavier items and pallets
- Daily cleaning and straightening of ReStore loading and unloading area, keeping it safe, and orderly.
- Supervising volunteers, making their experience meaningful.
- Respond to customer and donor inquiries, providing outstanding service to customers and donors.
- Within the scope of Hanover Habitat’s mission and operation policies, understand the needs of donors, customers, volunteers, and staff and respond to them in an efficient, courteous and respectful manner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Hanover Habitat’s goals, mission, philosophy and policies and demonstrate this understanding in daily interactions.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, customers and donors and the public.
- Other duties as assigned by the ReStore Manager
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and maintain a good driving record
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check
- Must be available Saturdays
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk extended periods of time without break.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, and outgoing personality.
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Veterans Preference’ Eligible (VPE): Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm