Hanover Habitat is proud to take part in the Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) program, a block by block approach to building stronger neighborhoods. The NR program aims to extend the work of Hanover Habitat into the neighborhoods where they build – delivering critical home repairs to improve health, safety and well-being of residents in our focus neighborhood. We will be working in the the town of Ashland on S. Taylor St., Randolph St. & Short St. Hanover Habitat will respond to community priorities and work hand-in-hand with residents to revive their neighborhood and enhance their quality of life. Habitat for Humanity International launched the NR program to help affiliates transform entire neighborhoods using a holistic approach – joining residents, nonprofits, businesses, local government and communities of faith to create and implement a shared vision of revitalization. This Ashland neighborhood was selected by Hanover Habitat as the affiliate’s first Neighborhood Revitalization partner, after many conversations with town officials, community members and residents.
WHY IT MATTERS
Critical home repairs benefit the family living in the home, the neighborhood where they live, and our entire community.
HOME REPAIR IS IMPORTANT TO HOMEOWNERS BECAUSE IT
- Ensures families are living in safe and well maintained homes
- Prevents families from being displaced from their homes and forced into transitional housing or shelters
- Protects families’ financial investments
- Restores the homeowners’ dignity and pride of homeownership
HOME REPAIR IS IMPORTANT TO COMMUNITIES BECAUSE IT
- Revitalizes neighborhoods
- Preserves the history and culture of neighborhoods while implementing sustainable improvements
- Inspires neighborhood inhabitants to reinvest in their communities
WE ASSIST HOMEOWNERS WITH:
- Minor exterior repairs (steps, gutters, siding, etc.)
- Side washing and debris removal
- Exterior painting
- Landscaping (weeding, mulching, etc.)
These projects could include but are not limited to the repair, replacement, or upgrade of:
- Steps, Ramps, Porches, Decks
- Walkways and Driveways
- Own and live in your home
- Home must be on either S. Taylor St, Randolph St, or Short St. in Ashland
- Have homeowners insurance
- Not be at risk for foreclosure
- Other locality specific requirements (ex. utilities are current)
To qualify, you must earn 60% or less than the Median Family Income. See limits below.
1 Person Household: $30,420
2 Person Household: $34,800
3 Person Household: $39,120
4 Person Household: $43,440
5 Person Household: $46,920
Hanover Habitat for Humanity is proud to announce our Home Repair Blitz by Christ Church Episcopal on September 30, 2017 in Ashland, VA.
With the help of approximately 75 volunteers, we will be assisting 4 families with various repairs on South Taylor Street. Our work with the homeowners consists of exterior repairs with a focus on safety, such as, repairing porches, adding railings, ramp repairs, debris removal, and exterior painting.
Your help is needed and we welcome all volunteers age 16 and older. Volunteer needs range from team construction leaders to general construction (no experience required). There is a job for anyone, at any skill level! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Amanda Gunter, Director of Community Engagement at 804.569.6108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your business or organization can also provide critical support by sponsoring this Blitz. Various sponsorship opportunities and benefits are available. For information please contact, Laurie Ursiny, Director of Development at 804.569.6108 or email@example.com