Hanover Habitat Critical Repair Program
Hanover Habitat for Humanity envisions a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Our repair program offers reduced cost repairs to local, very low-income homeowners to make their houses accessible, livable, energy efficient, and safe.
All extensive exterior work performed will address health and safety issues or code violations, such as:
• Repair/replace roof
• Address crucial electrical, plumbing, or HVAC needs
• Replace damaged fascia, caulk and paint as needed
• Repair damage to wood siding, as needed
• Siding and trim repair/replacement
• Install/replace gutters and downspouts, as needed
• Window replacement of failed windows
• Exterior door repair/replacement
• Porch, steps and ramp repair/replace
• Repair walkway
- Applicant must have lived in Hanover county for at least one year.
- Household Income must be 50% or less than the Area Median Income in Hanover County.
- Property must be owner-occupied. Hanover Habitat will not consider work on rental properties.
- Hanover Habitat will consider work on mobile homes as long as the candidate lives in and owns the mobile home and land.
- The overall condition of the home must be structurally satisfactory to justify any repair costs.
- Applicant must be unable to get needed funds for repair in a conventional fashion (i.e. bank loan).
- Applicant must have stable income that will allow them to stay in the home and make necessary payments for repairs.
- Applicant must be up-to-date on mortgage payments and taxes.
- If the property is sold within 3 years after the completion of repairs, funds paid by the affiliate must be reimbursed.
- Hanover Habitat is not undertaking any ongoing maintenance of a property. Future maintenance and upkeep after a repair is the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Applicant must contribute some form of sweat equity to the project. The candidate or a family member must work with volunteers during the project.
Household income must be 50% or less than Area Median Income in Hanover County. Applicant must complete Repair Program Application and provide required documentation. A $17 check or money order for each applicant in the household will be requires as part of the pre-qualification process.
Household income must be 50% or less than Area Median Income in Hanover County.
Applicant must complete Repair Program Application and provide required documentation.
A $17 check or money order for each applicant in the household will be requires as part of the pre-qualification process.