Hanover Habitat for Humanity is currently hiring for the following position in our ReStore.
If you would like to apply, please come directly into our store, at 9159 Atlee Road Mechanicsville, VA 23116 to get an application.
Hanover Habitat ReStore Sales Associate
The ReStore Sales associate works to ensure that customers and donors have a positive experience at the ReStore, assist with ReStore volunteers and reach out to new customers and donors. This includes providing friendly customer service, assisting in loading purchases and unloading and processing donations, operating the cash register, cleaning/organizing/arranging displays, pricing items, communicating effectively with volunteers and assisting with community outreach activities.
Specific duties include:
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers by providing high-quality customer service
• Answer customer questions regarding the ReStore in general and specific items
• Orient, train and guide volunteers
• Guard against theft and unsafe practices (clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.)
• Maintain orderly and clean work area
• Operate cash register to ring up customers and reconcile cash drawer
• Develop merchandise displays
• Straighten and clean displays, restocking out of place items.
• Clean store and merchandise
• Move materials from warehouse to store floor
• Work to evaluate condition/acceptability of incoming donations
• Price materials to be sold
• Process donations and display items in a way that maximizes sales
• Ensure that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized
• Work to continually improve overall appearance of our facility and maximize our efficiency
• When requested, assist the driver when picking up material from donor.
• When requested, drive the truck and pick up material from donors.
High school diploma/GED required
Great track record of providing excellent customer service
Willingness to work with volunteers
Excellent communication skills
Effective organizational skills
Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base
Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
2 years Experience working in a retail store
**Must be able to work Saturdays, no work on Sundays or evenings